For stability reasons, in large installation bases, the latest official release is not available to the Custom installer service for an undetermined period while we ensure that no major issues are present. We recommend using this time with your organization to perform integration tests on a few workstations before upgrading your entire team.
Ensure that you have read and understood the content of Custom installer service prior to subscribing to the service.
You can store and create up to six Custom installer configuration file packages in your Devolutions Account.
The No Internet connection option in Remote Desktop Manager (File – Option – Tools – Advanced) must be disabled for Custom installer to work.
Create an Installation Package
- In Remote Desktop Manager, click on File – Devolutions Account – Sign-in to connect to your Devolutions Account if you are not already signed in.
- Under Tools, click on Custom installer manager to create a new Custom installer with specific settings.
- Click on New Package.
- Select the application Version in the drop-down list. A Name for your package will be generated automatically, which you can change if you wish. You can also write a brief Description of your package, but this is optional.
- If you do not have a Remote Desktop Manager Installer file (.rdi), leave the Create a configuration just for this package option enabled. If you have already created one, enable the Use existing Remote Desktop Installer (rdi) file option instead and select your file on your computer using the ellipsis button.
- Click on Create. Skip to step 9 if you selected Use existing Remote Desktop Installer (rdi) file in the previous step.
- If you need to create a new configuration file, the Installer file generator window will open. See our our Option Selection guide for more information about the different options to choose from.
- Click on Generate to create the file when you are done with your selection.
- Once the installation package has been created, the request is submitted to our online services. A confirmation dialog window appears if successful.
- The Custom installer manager will display an hourglass icon indicating that the package is being processed. When the package has been successfully generated, the Custom installer manager will display a green check mark. Note that this process can take a while.
Download an Installation Package
Upon completion, you will receive a confirmation email:
From here, there are two ways of downloading the package: you can download it directly from the Custom installer manager or you can log in to the Devolutions Account you created the installer with.
Download With The Custom installer manager
From the Custom installer manager, click on Download MSI and save your file on your computer.
Download from Devolutions Portal
You can click the Access Account button in the confirmation email to go straight to the Custom installer list. You will need to sign in with your Devolutions Account credentials. You can also manually go to your Devolutions Portal to view the Custom installer list.
From there, click on .msi next to your package and save the file on your computer.