You can configure a MMC Snap-In console to run on any of your servers. The Snap-In need to support remote access.
- Create the session tool via New Entry – Add Macros/Scripts/Tools.
- Select Command Line.
- Name the session DHCP.
- Type the following in the Run field: dhcpmgmt.msc /ComputerName $HOST$ ($HOST$ is the variable that will be replaced by the server name or IP address).
- Select Run as Administrator in the Execution Mode tab.
If you are running a Windows 64bit edition, you would need to enable the Run in 64-bit mode option in the Execution Mode tab.
- Click OK to save your entry.
- Now, you would need to verify that your sessions use the appropriate credential to run the tool. In the Management Tools section of each session, make sure you’ve selected the proper credentials to be sup plied:
Option Description Use default credentials Use the credentials from the Windows session Use session credentials Use the same credentials as the session Prompt for credentials Prompts for the credentials on use. Custom credentials Use the Username, Password and Domain specify Credential repository Specify a set of credentials from the repository Use my personal credentials Use My Personal Credentials
To run the Snap-In, select your session and execute the tool from the dashboard.