Remote Desktop Manager allows you to configure a Duo authentication to provide an additional security layer when opening a data source.
Before you start the configuration, make sure you have created a Duo account and have also installed the Duo application on your compatible device.
- Log in to the Duo Admin Panel.
- In Applications, click on Protect an Application.
- Protect the Partner Auth API app.
- If not already done, follow these Multi-Factor Authentication Configuration steps.
- After having selected the Duo MFA type, click Duo - General Settings.
- All the information necessary to fill in the Duo Settings fields in Remote Desktop Manager will be generated by the Duo account.
- Copy and paste all the information in the corresponding fields in the Duo Settings window.
- Click on Check to validate the information, then click OK when done.
- If there is more than one device connected to the Duo account, click on Settings. If not, skip to Step 10.
- Select the device to use for the multi-factor authentication by clicking on Use this device.
- Select the method by which to receive the Duo Passcode:
- Duo Push: The code is "pushed" to your Duo application.
- Send SMS: The code is sent by SMS on the registered phone number.
- Phone: The code is sent by phone call; a computer generated voice will dictate the code.
- Click Save to authenticate yourself.
Once you have completed all the steps, you will be prompted with the Duo Authentication every time you connect to your secured data source.Feedback