Some user will have an issue on Windows 7 with Remote Desktop Manager and receive the following error message:
.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_64) - 1>Failed to compile: C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager Free\Embedded32.exe Error code = 0x80131f07
If possible, update your Windows 7 version. Microsoft 7 SP1 does supportNET 4.8 but the Extended Security Updates (ESU) from Windows end date is January 2023.
Use the compatibility mode as a workaround.
- Right click Remote Desktop Manager shortcut.
- Select Properties from the context menu.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- Select the version of Windows in the drop down menu.
- Click OK.