Since issues can arise from multiple sources, when setting up integrated security on an SQL server data source, we detailed a couple of steps to help out and diagnose the source.
Retrieve log details
- In Remote Desktop Manager go to Help - Application Logs - Report (tab)
- Click Delete All
- In File - Options - Advanced :
- Raise the Debug level to 1.
- Uncheck Disable stack trace
- Click OK
- Reproduce the issue.
- Once the issue is reproduced, go to Help - Application Logs - Report (tab)
- Click Send to Support
- If you already have an ongoing ticket with us, please specify the ticket number in the Subject
Validate if the database is contained
To learn more on contained database, here is a topic from Microsoft: Contained database - SQL Server
Run the following script to find out if your database is contained.
Make sure to replace rdm-database-name with your Remote Desktop Manager database name
SELECT name, containment, containment_desc, compatibility_level FROM sys.databases WHERE name = 'rdm-database-name';
Validate if the SQL server is joined to the domain
If you execute the statements manually in SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio) what do you get?