Here is a validation list to help resolve issues when failing to login and connect with Azure SQL in Remote Desktop Manager.
- Was the user added/created in Remote Desktop Manager?
- Is the spelling of the username in Azure and Remote Desktop Manager the same?
- Is the spelling of the database name in Azure and Remote Desktop Manager the same?
- Compare the data source configuration with one that works from another user in File – Data Sources.
- If it still fails, Export and Import the data source configuration (.rdd) from the working user.
- Ask the user from whom it works to launch a connection with his credentials. Doing so will confirm a connection can be made to the Azure database from this instance of Remote Desktop Manager.
- If it does work, change the credentials in Remote Desktop Manager with the ones of the initial failing user and retest with these credentials.
- If it does not, install SSMS and try to connect with the same failing user and authentication method to validate a connection can be made to the Azure database.
- If all fails, contact our support Team.