Remote Desktop Manager entries can be set up to use One Time Password (OTP) when launch.
In the Connection - One Time Password section of an entry, select a credential Source and a Usage for the OTP code.
For Source configuration information, select from the list or click this link to jump to the Usage configuration information.
Credential Source are used to link entries to OTP account credential information.
Current session's credentials
The Current session's credentials options will use the OTP credentials setup in the entry Common - General - Credentials section. Credentials options available with OTP are My personal credentials, My privileged account and Embedded (this mode is deprecated and not recommended).
In a team environment, we recommend using the Linked (Vault) option instead with a One Time Password (OTP) credential entry.
Choose the Custom option to save the OTP credentials in the entry itself.
The Inherited option will climb up the navigation tree until it has access to a set of OTP credentials in a parent folder in the Connection - One Time Password section.
For the Source inheritance to work, the Connection - One Time Password - Source needs to be set to Inherited for every parent folder until it reaches the desired configuration.
Link your entry to use an existing specific One Time Password (OTP) credential entry from the same vault. This is the preferred method.
By default, the entries OTP Source is set to None In this state the entry is not linked to any OTP credentials.
The Prompt option opens a credential list of available OTP credentials every time the session launch.
One Time Password Usage is an option to affix the OTP code. Here is the list of possible actions:
- None : No action is done. This is the set default setting.
- Append to the password : Affix the OTP after the password.
- Prepend to the password : Affix the OTP before the password.
- Specific to session : If selected, the OTP will, if it applies, be used in a manner specific to the session being launched. This option is specific for OpenVPN and SophosVPN.
- Inherited : Will climb up the navigation tree until it has access to a Usage setting in a parent folder in the Connection - One Time Password section. For the Usage inheritance to work, the Connection - One Time Password - Usage needs to be set to Inherited for every parent folder until it reaches the desired configuration.
- Append to the username : Affix the OTP after the username.
- Prepend to the username : Affix the OTP before the username.