A Host Session entry will let you use templates to connect to the host. It will prompt you to choose which template to use to launch the host.
Create and launch a Host Session entry with templates
- Create one or multiple Templates via the File – Templates – Entry Templates menu. You may need to use variables like $HOST$ for the host name as well as $USERNAME$ and $PASSWORD$ for the username and password respectively.
- Go to Edit – New Entry – Add Session.
- Select the Host Session entry type. It should be located in the Session section, under General. Click OK to create the new entry.
- In General, go to the Advanced tab and click on Select Templates.
- Select the template(s) to add to your host session. To select multiple templates, hold down the Ctrl key while making your selection.
- When you have completed your selection, click OK. The templates will then be added to your host session.
- Finish configuring your entry, then click OK to save your changes.
- Launch your host session. You will be prompted to select the appropriate template to launch the session.
- Click OK after having selected the template. Your session will launch using the information provided in the template configuration.