The installation of the Devolutions Server is supported by Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows Server 2012R2, 2016, 2019 and 2022.
As a web application, Devolutions Server requires the IIS Manager, the URL Rewrite Module , the Application Request Routing , the ASP.Net 6.0 and specific Web Server Roles on the machine on which it will be hosted.
It is possible to install these prerequisites, the IIS Manager and the URL Rewrite Module are included in the Devolutions Server Console or through an existing PowerShell script provided with .
Installing prerequisites from Devolutions Server Console or from the PowerShell script require internet access to download URL Rewrite Module , the Application Request Routing and ASP.Net 6.0 .
Here are the two different methods available to install the prerequisites:
- Devolutions Server Console .
- Open the Devolutions Server Console .
- Go in the Support tab and click on the IIS Diagnostic button.
- Click on the Install Prerequisites button to run the PowerShell script.
This window will only appear if a prerequisite is missing during a new installation or an update.
- PowerShell command line
- Run Windows PowerShell with elevated privileges.
- Change the current path to the sub-folder Scripts that is located in the current installation folder of Devolutions Server Console . ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Devolutions Server Console\Scripts )
- Run the script DVLS-Prerequisites.ps1.
- The script will install the missing web roles and these components : IIS URL Rewrite Module, IIS Application Request Routing Module and IIS APS.Net Core Module (.Net 6.0).