The installation of Devolutions Server is supported by Windows Server 2016, 2019, and 2022.
As a web application, Devolutions Server requires the IIS Manager, the URL Rewrite Module, the Application Request Routing, the ASP.Net 6.0 and specific Web Server Roles on the machine on which it will be hosted. These prerequisites can be installed from the Devolutions Server Console or trought an existing powershell script provided with the Devolutions Server Console.
Here are the two different methods available to install the prerequisites:
Devolutions Server Console.
- Open the Devolutions Server Console.
- Go in the Support tab and click on IIS Diagnostic.
- Click on Install Prerequisites to run the PowerShell script.
This window will only appear if a prerequisite is missing during a new installation or an update.
PowerShell command line
- Run Windows PowerShell with elevated privileges.
- Change the current path to the sub-folder Scripts that is located in the current installation folder of Devolutions Server Console (C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Devolutions Server Console\Scripts).
- Run the DVLS-Prerequisites.ps1 script.
- The script will install the missing web roles and the following components:
- IIS URL Rewrite Module
- IIS Application Request Routing Module
- IIS ASP.Net 6.0 Core Module.