This topic is for Devolutions Server Enterprise Edition. If you have purchased Devolutions Server Team Edition instead, please consult Team Edition.
After completing your purchase of Devolutions Server Enterprise Edition, you will receive an email with three license serials. Each license serial allows for running a Devolutions Server instance. An instance is in itself a web server application which acts as a back-end for our client applications. You can think of it as a specialized database for your data. All instances can be installed on the same physical server or spread across many.
Devolutions Server can be installed through different topologies.
These requirements apply especially if you intend to use Automatic User Account Creation (see Authentication) and/or User Groups to manage your instance.
- Create Active Directory groups to manage your instance. Typical examples are: Remote Desktop Manager Admins, Remote Desktop Manager Operators, Remote Desktop Manager Users.
- Add domain users to the Active Directory groups.
- Create a VaultDBOwner account that will be the owner of the database. Performing upgrades with this account will ensure the proper rights are held.
- Create a VaultDBRunner account that will be used as the identity of the website. This will allow you to harden the permissions to what is minimally required.
Checklist for installing and running Devolutions Server
Software requirements on the server hosting the instance
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8.
- Microsoft SQL Server (see Database Instance) if you intend to host the solution on a single server (see Topologies).
- Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 or better (see this Microsoft's Install IIS and ASP.NET Modules) for more information.
- Create a new instance of Devolutions Server (see Create Devolutions Server instance).
- Create a Devolutions Server administrator account in the User mnagement.
- Create User groups.
- Add domain users or built-in users (see User management).