During important operations on a Devolutions Server instance, it becomes important to perform certain preparation tasks to protect the environment and to be able to restore the application or data if a problem occurs.
Here is a list of items to consider or tasks to perform:
- Whenever possible, during operations that impact the entire Devolutions Server, proceed outside of normal business hours.
- Some interventions require the Devolutions Server instance to be in offline mode or stopped.
- Always make a backup of the database and have the possibility to restore it easily.
- Make a backup copy of the Devolutions Server web application folder.
- For some interventions, it is best to create a Devolutions Server Authentication type account with administrative rights in the Devolutions Server instance.
- It is also possible to enable the Emergency Access feature to connect to Devolutions Server.
If you have any questions about precautions for important operations with Devolutions Server, please contact us at email@example.com.Feedback