This video includes information pertaining to both requesters and authorizers. A user wanting to request temporary access to an entry may find this visual aid useful, but watching the video is not essential since all the steps are described in this topic.
To learn how to approve or deny a request, visit our Grant Temporary Access to an Entry in Hub Business topic.
The Temporary Access feature allows users to request a temporary elevation of their permissions for a specific entry. The authorizer must then approve or deny the request.
Request Temporary Access
Follow the steps below to learn how to make a temporary access request:
- In the Vault tab, select the entry you want access to in the vault of your choice.
- Click on the More button, then select Temporary Access Request .
- In the Temporary Access Request window, select the Access duration in the drop-down menu.
- Select the Permissions level you want to temporarily obtain between Readers , Operators , and Contributors using the drop-down menu.
Hovering your mouse over the eye icon while you have a Permissions level selected lets you see what permissions it includes. For example, the following image shows the permissions for the Operators role.
To help you decide which role to select, you can visit our Roles and Permissions topic.
5. Select the authorizer you want to send your request to using the drop-down menu. You can also use the filter bar to refine your research.
- Write a short Message to the authorizer explaining why you want access to this entry. This is optional, but we strongly recommend it as it allows the authorizer to make a more informed decision. When you are done, click on Send Request .
You now have to wait for the authorizer to respond to your request. You will be notified by email whether the answer is positive or negative. The next section details what to do once you have received a response.
Response to your request
If the authorizer approves your request, your email will have a button at the bottom that will bring you directly to your entry in Hub Business. It is also possible to manually go to your entry.
Once you are on the entry in the Vault , you will see a Temporary Access Request section near the top. A check mark validates that your request was approved. Next to the check mark is the Time remaining on your request. There is also a View Details button which is described in the next section .
You can now perform your task with this elevated permission.
View Details and Revoke your Temporary Access
The View Details button allows you to see information about your Temporary Access Request as well as revoke your access.
In the top section, you can see the Permissions level granted by the authorizer, the Requested duration , the Authorized duration , and the Time remaining on your temporary access.
Further down, you can read the message you sent to the authorizer when you created your request as well as the approval message they sent back.
Finally, for any reason, you may revoke your temporary access by clicking on the Revoke button. Be sure you want to do this first, since in order to regain access to your entry, you will need to make another request. Otherwise, your access will end within the time frame set by you and the authorizer.