The following instructions explain how to install Devolutions Gateway with the use of a script through Devolutions Hub Business.
Steps for Script Install
The script install requires the use of PowerShell 7.
- Log in with your administrator Devolutions Hub Business account.
- Access the Administration tab on the left.
An Application User is required to proceed. If one is not already created, you can read more about it in Manage Application Users.
- The Application User will need permission to manage gateways for the script to work. Click on System Permissions, which is under the Configuration & Security section.
- Select Edit button in the top right corner.
- In the System tab, scroll down to Manage Gateways. Select the desired Application User or user group.
- Go back to the Administration tab.
- Click on Devolutions Gateway, which is under the Management section.
- Click on the Add ( + ) button in the top right.
- Select Install with Script from the dropdown.
- Input the correct information. If the License field is left on None, it will use the Free option by default.
- Click on Download.
- Run the downloaded script with PowerShell 7 in administrator mode. (It should be installed on the server hosting Devolutions Gateway.)
- The script will ask Do you want to set a certification ? Input Y and press Enter.
- Input the file path for the certificate.
- Input the password for the certificate. (If the password was copied to the clipboard, do not Ctrl+V, simply right-click)
- Press Enter when the Web request status is completed.
- If the installation is successful, it will show Devolutions Gateway installation done!. Press Enter.
- Go back to the Devolutions Gateway webpage and click Refresh.
- The gateway will show up with a red circle to signify it is offline. Click Edit.
- Scroll down to the bottom of that page and click Test Connection. A message box with Connection Successful should appear in the top right.
- A rectangle will show the information for every Devolutions Gateway Hub link(s).
Visit Remote Desktop Manager Configuration to learn more about linking Remote Desktop Manager and Devolutions Gateway.