When sending a dump file, it is crucial that you exercise caution and ensure that the steps are followed correctly. Deviating from these instructions and sending a full dump file without the guidance of a Devolutions support specialist may result in unintended outcomes, including exposure of all the sensitive and personal data it contains.
Please read and understand our Security disclaimer for sending a dump file before proceeding.
There are no guarantees that we can identify the issue, but following this procedure may guide our team towards identifying the root cause.
The following procedure makes use of a tool offered by Microsoft's Technet, namely the Sysinternals Suite. The tool that we need is Process Explorer. It will monitor Remote Desktop Manager and allow the creation of a dump file.
The size of the dump file should not generally exceed 100 MB to 300 MB. Files larger than 1 GB are not mini-dumps and contain more information than necessary.
- Download and install the Sysinternals Suite utilities.
- From the installation folder, start the procexp64.exe or procexp.exe application.
- Launch Remote Desktop Manager.
- Replicate the steps that trigger the issue in Remote Desktop Manager.
- In the Process Explorer, right-click the RemoteDesktopManager.exe process.
In the next step, make sure you create a minidump and NOT a full dump.
- Select Create Dump – Create Minidump.
- Save the RemoteDesktopManager.dmp file.
- Contact our support team for them to provide a secure link that can be used to send them this file.