The Cisco AnyConnect is having issues at connection.
The cisco anyconnect entry is missing from the new entry window
Make sure that the Add-on is enabled by going under Tools - Add-on Manager - VPN, select Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client and click Activate Add-on.
The vpn does not start
- Make sure that the installation path of your Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client is valid by going under File - Options - Paths - Configure Installation Path - Applications - VPN, select Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client and use the ellipsis button to choose the correct installation path.
This step only applies if you are not using the default installation path C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco Anyconnect VPN Client.
- Run Remote Desktop Manager with elevated permissions (run as administrator).
Password is not sent when trying to establish a connection
- Make sure that the latest version of CiscoAnyConnect is installed.
- Go in the properties of your Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client entry, under Connection - General, and change the Wait prior credential value to match the time it takes to fully load your VPN on your machine.
- Try to turn on and off the UAC in Windows.
- Test the Cisco Command Line (CLI) outside Remote Desktop Manager to see if the same issue occurs.