The Devolutions support staff might request you to try a portable Remote Desktop Manager version to isolate the application from a potential issue tied to a local file, configuration, or specific setting corruption.
To do so, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Download the Free or Team Remote Desktop Manager ZIP file.
- Create a new folder on your Desktop.
- Extract the content of the ZIP file into the folder created at step 2.
- Go in this folder once the ZIP file has been extracted and run RemoteDesktopManager.exe.
If the issue is resolved, you can use the portable Remote Desktop Manager application has is.
To do so, you will need to do the following:
Relocate the Remote Desktop Manager portable version
The following steps are built around the fact that you are using the default SQLite data source created by Remote Desktop Manager. If this is not your case, jump to step 4.
- Go under your %localappdata%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager folder.
- Locate the Connections.db file tied to your SQLite data source.
- Copy it inside your portable version of Remote Desktop Manager.
- Move the content of your RemoteDesktopManager folder in a backup folder you will create. In doing so, you will have access to a backup of your local configuration of Remote Desktop Manager if needed later on.
- Copy the content of your portable version of Remote Desktop Manager into the RemoteDesktopManager folder located under your %localappdata%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager.
- Create a new shortcut of Remote Desktop Manager using the RemoteDesktopManager.exe contained in this folder.
- Launch Remote Desktop Manager.
- Access your data.
- If you are using the default SQLite data source and you moved your Connections.db file as per the above steps 1 to 3, the application should automatically connect and you should have access to your data.
- If you are using a different type of data source than SQLite, you will need to create and map it in Remote Desktop Manager as shown in Create a data source.