It is possible to use ConnectWise (ScreenConnect) in Remote Desktop Manager, however a ConnectWise (ScreenConnect) extension needs to be installed prior to the utilization. After the extension installation, you can configure ConnectWise (ScreenConnect) 5 in Remote Desktop Manager
The Remote Desktop Manager extension needs to be installed on your ConnectWise (ScreenConnect) server.
- Connect on ConnectWise (ScreenConnect) server and click on Admin.
- Click on Extensions in the Administration section and select Browse Online Extensions.
- Install Remote Desktop Manager Extension.
- Now that the extension is installed, you can create your ScreenConnect session.
- Fill in all the information needed and enter the name of your server in the Host field.
The host format must be similar to this: https://something.screenconnect.com
- As for the Session name selection, it is for the remote session that you would like to use.
- In the Advanced tab, change the version for Extension (Version 5 or higher).
- You can also select Default in the drop down list instead of Extension (Version 5 or higher) If you select Default, you will need to configure the ScreenConnect version that you wish to use in File – Options – Types – ConnectWise Control.