In Devolutions Hub Business, users can request access to a public Vault. An administrator / Vault owner then has to approve the request.
This feature is also available for PAM Vaults.
Users can be set as Vault owners to manage a specific Vault without having access to data source administration. They are set in the Visibility section when editing or creating a Vault in Devolutions Hub Business. For Entreprise data sources (Devolutions Hub Business and Devolutions Hub Business), they can also be configured in their respective web interfaces.
Vault visibility is of great importance in Devolutions Hub Business, as access requests can only be performed for public Vaults and not private ones.
- Private: A private Vault is not visible to users that do not have access to it. Thus, Vault access requests cannot be performed. You can only access it by invitation.
- Public: A public Vault is visible to all users of the data source, even to those who do not have access to it. A user can request access to the public Vault.
You can change the Vault Visibility either system-wide or individually on the Vault. See the next section to configure this setting.
Configure Vault visibility
By default, shared Vaults are set to private in the System Settings.
System-wide Vault visibility
- In the web interface of Devolutions Hub Business, make sure you are connected to the right data source.
- Go to Administration – Configuration & Security – System Settings – Vault.
- Set the Visibility to either Public - Allow access request or Private - Invitation only.
Individual Vault visibility
- In the web interface for Devolutions Hub Business, make sure you are connected to the right data source.
- Go to Administration – Management – Vaults.
- To modify an existing Vault click on Edit. To create a new Vault, click on Add.
- Change the Visibility to Public - Allow access request, Private - Invitation only, or Defaut (which refers to the system-wide Vault visibility setting described in the previous section).
- Click Update or Add to save your changes.