The following instructions explain how to manually install Devolutions Gateway through Devolutions Hub Business.
Steps for Manual Install
This method only works for Windows.
- Log in with your administrator Devolutions Hub Business account.
- Access the Administration tab on the left.
- Click on Devolutions Gateway, which is under the Management section.
- Click on the Add ( + ) button in the top right.
- Select Install Manually from the dropdown.
- Download the Devolutions Gateway installer and execute it.
- Click on Generate Gateway Public Key and download. This key is unique to the Devolutions Hub Business account and can only be generated once. If already generated, the key can be downloaded again, if necessary.
The installer should be run on the server hosting Devolutions Gateway.
- Click Next.
- Once the desired installation path is selected, click Next.
- Select Configure now, then click Next.
- Input your Devolutions Gateway access URI. The default port is 443, but can be changed. Click Next.
- HTTP(S) and TCP default ports are 7171 and 8181 respectively, but can be changed. Additionally, if a reverse proxy is not used, the HTTP Listener should have the same port as the Access URI.
- After clicking the top ellipsis button, select either a PFX file or a Certificate file, then enter the corresponding password. (If the listener is not in HTTPS or if using a reverse proxy, skip this step)
- Click on the ellipsis button and select the Provisioner Public Key which was generated in Step 7.
- Select the Automatically option for Service Startup and click Next.
- This screen shows a summary of the current paths/settings. It is possible to go Back and modify them. If the settings are correct, click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish when the setup is complete.
- Go back to the Administration – Devolutions Gateway page in Devolutions Hub Business.
- Input the correct information.
- By checking the Default box, this Devolutions Gateway will be the one selected if none are specified or if Default is chosen when connecting.
- Make certain the gateway can be reached by clicking Test Connection.
- Click the Add button to link your Devolutions Gateway installation to your Devolutions Hub Business.
- A rectangle will show the information for every Devolutions Gateway Hub link(s).
Visit Remote Desktop Manager Configuration to learn more about linking Remote Desktop Manager and Devolutions Gateway.